Game Model

This can be purchased for £10 by clicking here.

This is my own personal game model, not one that I have made for Azteca Football. I made it during the first lockdown of 2020, and it took several months to put all these ideas down and to animate them. I wanted a really clear idea of how to play football with my 11v11 teams, going from philosophy, to methodology, to tactics. I tried to think of everything I would ever think of, and put it all down in a framework.

I'm no expert. You might learn a couple things from this PDF, but you are more likely to begin thinking about your own game model and how you would organise your 11v11 team. Please, use my ideas to develop and articulate your own. I read a lot of books and other resources in order to develop my own. What I have done and why is guided by my values, including how I wish to make my players feel, and how I would like us to play in the different scenarios outlined. It's your values that will guide you.

For those who don't know me, I am a coach from England who started coaching in 2008. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to work in six different countries; USA, Canada, Mexico, Kuwait, Singapore, and of course England. Along the way, I have gained a few pricey certificates. The highlights include the UEFA B, the United Soccer Coaches Premier Diploma, the FA Youth Award, a BA in football studies from Southampton Solent University, and an MSc in coaching education from Ohio University. I know enough to know what I don't know, and I work every day to improve and fill in these knowledge gaps, forever striving to become a better coach for my players.

So what's in this game model?



















Because this is mine and I made it for my own benefit, I have used pictures of myself and my players from the past, as well as photos from stadiums I have visited, while making it bright and colourful, in contrast to my dark and cynical personality.

There are slides on philosophy, values, culture, football theory, coaching techniques, restarts, phases of play, positional demands, how lines and units operate, how the formation works versus other formations, as well as much more. The PDF is 322 pages in total, so a fair bit of reading. If you have any questions about it, please get in touch. I hope it is of use to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

360 Player

Rondos Guide

Scenarios, Inflictions, Rules